Click the ▶ Button
You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls,
and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world.
O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy,
envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed by Thy Name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, His Only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead. On the third day, He rose again.
He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church,
the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
(Pray Five Decades as on the Holy Rosary)
Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.…
1 First Mystery: The Agony in the Garden
- And they came to a farm [garden or olive orchard] called Gethsemani. And he saith to his disciples: Sit you here, while I pray. – Mark 14:32
- And he taketh Peter and James and John with him; and he began to fear and to be heavy. And he saith to them: My soul is sorrowful even unto death; stay you here, and watch. – Mark 14:33-34
- And when he was come to the place, he said to them: Pray, lest ye enter into temptation. – Luke 22:40
- Him, who knew no sin, he hath made sin for us, that we might be made the justice of God in him – Second Corinthians 5:21
- And his sweat became as drops of blood, trickling down upon the ground. – Luke 22:44
- And he saith: Abba, Father, all things are possible to thee: remove this chalice from me; but not what I will, but what thou wilt. – Mark 14:36
- And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him. And being in an agony, he prayed the longer. – Luke 22:43
- And he cometh to his disciples, and findeth them asleep, and he saith to Peter: What? Could you not watch one hour with me? Watch ye, and pray that ye enter not into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh weak. – Matthew 26:40-41
- As he was yet speaking, behold a multitude; and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near to Jesus, for to kiss him. And Jesus said to him: Judas, dost thou betray the Son of man with a kiss? – Luke 22:47-48
- Now all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then the disciples all leaving him, fled. But they holding Jesus led him to Caiphas the high priest, where the scribes and the ancients were assembled. And Peter followed him afar off, even to the court of the high priest. And going in, he sat with the servants, that he might see the end. – Matthew 26:56-58
2 Second Mystery: The Scourging at the Pillar
- But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said to him: Art thou the Christ the Son of the blessed God? And Jesus said to him: I am. And you shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of the power of God, and coming with the clouds of heaven. – Mark 14:61-62
- You have heard the blasphemy. What think you? Who all condemned him to be guilty of death. And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him: Prophesy: and the servants struck him with the palms of their hands. – Mark 14:64-65
- And straightway in the morning, the chief priests holding a consultation with the ancients and the scribes and the whole council, binding Jesus, led him away, and delivered him to Pilate. – Mark 15:1
- And they began to accuse him, saying: We have found this man perverting our nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, and saying that he is Christ the king. – Luke 23:2
- [And Pilate]…said to them: You have presented unto me this man, as one that perverteth the people; and behold I, having examined him before you, find no cause in this man, in those things wherein you accuse him. No, nor Herod neither. For I sent you to him, and behold, nothing worthy of death is done to him. I will chastise him therefore, and release him. Now of necessity he was to release unto them one upon the feast day. But the whole multitude together cried out, saying: Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas. – Luke 23:14-18
- And so Pilate being willing to satisfy the people, released to them Barabbas, and delivered up Jesus, when he had scourged him, to be crucified. – Mark 15:15
- I have given my body to the strikers, and my cheeks to them that plucked them: I have not turned away my face from them that rebuked me, and spit upon me. – Isaiah 50:6
- The plowers plowed upon my back; they made long their furrows. – Psalm 129:3
- But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole, and with his stripes we are healed. – Isaiah 53:5
- He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. – Isaiah 53:3
3 Third Mystery: The Crowning with Thorns
- Then the soldiers of the governor taking Jesus into the hall, gathered together unto him the whole band. – Matthew 27:27
- And stripping him, they put a scarlet cloak about him. – Matthew 27:28
- And platting a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand. – Matthew 27:29
- And bowing the knee before him, they mocked him, saying: Hail, king of the Jews. – Matthew 27:29
- Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith to them: Behold, I bring him forth unto you, that you may know that I find no cause in him. – John 19:4
- Jesus therefore came forth, bearing the crown of thorns and the purple garment. – John 19:5
- …And he saith to them: Behold the Man. …they cried out, saying: Crucify him, crucify him. Pilate saith to them: Take him you, and crucify him: for I find no cause in him. – John 19:5-6
- …Behold your king. But they cried out: Away with him; away with him; crucify him. Pilate saith to them: Shall I crucify your king? The chief priests answered: We have no king but Caesar. – John 19:14-15
- And after they had mocked him, they took off the cloak from him, and put on him his own garments, and led him away to crucify him. – Matthew 27:31
- Then therefore he delivered him to them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him forth. – John 19:16
4 Fourth Mystery: The Carrying of the Cross
- And…they took off the cloak from him, and put on him his own garments, and led him away to crucify him. – Matthew 27:31
- And bearing his own cross, he went forth to that place which is called Calvary, but in Hebrew Golgotha. – John 19:17
- Surely he hath borne our infirmities and carried our sorrows: and we have thought him as it were a leper, and as one struck by God and afflicted. – Isaiah 53:4
- And there followed him a great multitude of people, and of women, who bewailed and lamented him. But Jesus turning to them, said: Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not over me; but weep for yourselves, and for your children. – Luke 23:27-28
- And as they led him away, they laid hold of one Simon of Cyrene, coming from the country; and they laid the cross on him to carry after Jesus. – Luke 23:26
- And he that taketh not up his cross, and followeth me, is not worthy of me. – Matthew 10:38
- Jesus said to him: No man putting his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. – Luke 9:62
- He was offered because it was his own will, and he opened not his mouth: he shall be led as a sheep to the slaughter, and shall be dumb as a lamb before his shearer, and he shall not open his mouth. – Isaiah 53:7
- And they bring him into the place called Golgotha, which being interpreted is, The place of the skull. – Mark 15:22
- And they gave him to drink wine mingled with myrrh; but he took it not. – Mark 15:23
5 Fifth Mystery: The Crucifixion and Death of our Lord Jesus Christ
- …They have pierced my hands and feet. They have numbered all my bones. – Psalm 21:17-18
- They parted my garments amongst them; and upon my vesture they cast lots. – Psalm 21:19
- And Jesus said: Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.… – Luke 23:34
- And one of those robbers who were hanged, blasphemed him, saying: If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. But the other answering, rebuked him, saying: Neither dost thou fear God, seeing thou art condemned under the same condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this man hath done no evil. And he said to Jesus: Lord, remember me when thou shalt come into thy kingdom. And Jesus said to him: Amen I say to thee, this day thou shalt be with me in paradise. – Luke 23:39-43
- When Jesus therefore had seen his mother and the disciple standing whom he loved, he saith to his mother: Woman, behold thy son. – John 19:26
- After that, he saith to the disciple: Behold thy mother. And from that hour, the disciple took her to his own. – John 19:27
- And at the ninth hour, Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying: Eloi, Eloi, lamma sabacthani? Which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
- Afterwards, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, said: I thirst. – John 19:28
- And Jesus crying out with a loud voice, said: Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit. And saying this, he gave up the ghost. – Luke 23:46
- Jesus therefore, when he had taken the vinegar, said: It is consummated. And bowing his head, he gave up the ghost. – John 19:30